Monday, February 29, 2016

Blog 6

The school website I chose to look at was American Heritage School. The school website was very well put together.  It also gave the option to click on multiple different links. On the home screen there was a slideshow view of the school and certain highlighted students that played throughout the time I spent on the homepage. The school has students from grades ranging from K through 12. I saw announcements on the website indicating assemblies on certain days, the schedule for upcoming sports games as well as the school lunch schedule.

I hope to use technology constantly throughout my career in education. I hope to remain up to date with technology as I know it is continually evolving. I want to use technology in my classrooms but I also do not want it to be excessive as I got a great education without being bombarded with technology. I also want to make sure they understand the technology we do use because I do not want them to wind up technologically impaired. I want to use websites like Khan Academy to teach my classes. I also plan to keep up to date with social platforms like email and Facebook to stay in touch with my colleagues.

I thought it was really cool to learn how to use a wiki platform. I have never dealt with that kind of platform before and over all it was really cool to learned how it worked. This however was not without its setbacks. I found the start of the process to be really challenging. I was not alone my group too struggled, but working together we made it work piecing everything together and getting it done. Now that I have these skills I think next time I'll be able to improve a lot now that I know how to use it better,




No comments:

Post a Comment