Monday, February 8, 2016

Blog Post 3

Looking through the ELA standards I believe I feel most prepared to teach the vocabulary, writing, and reading standards because those seem to be the easiest for me at my current skill sets. Since I use multimedia on a regular basis I definitely feel super comfortable adding graphs and figures to any document, presentation or assignment. I feel given my background in using multimedia use I feel at a comfortable enough level to teach those skills. However when it comes to stuff like adding charts I'm going to need a lot of practice before I can adequately teach that effectively.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the video we watched in class about the class that used blogging. Seeing those kids come out of their shell creatively seemed both very rewarding to them as well as the instructor. Thats why I think I am most interested in incorporating that into my classroom. I believe blogging not only encourages students to write more but also can make them more passionate about their own writing.

This newsletter assignment was really hard on me at first. You see I thought I had a good handle on Microsoft Word. After starting this assignment it took me awhile before I was able to tackle it. That being said once I got working on it I had a lot of fun. If I was going to teach anything it'd be history so I themed my newsletter after a history class. I thought it was really cool to learn how to use clipart and borders on the project as I had no idea I could even do that on Microsoft Word.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the video we watched in class! Those students' blogs helped them become more comfortable with their writing. Do you have an idea about how you would incorporate it into your class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the newsletter and how it was difficult at first but then once you got the hang of it then it was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the video we watched in class as well! I also really like your newsletter.

    ReplyDelete