Monday, March 21, 2016

Blog Post 8

When considering the advancements that have come out over the years I think that Cloud Computing will be very important for education. Cloud computing is the storage of programs and user data over the internet rather than your computer hard drive. With Cloud Computing you can easily transfer information and share it with teachers, the school, the parents and most importantly the students.

When I’m measured on the scale of digital divide, I’d easily be placed on the side of those people who have had direct access to hardware, software and internet devices. Having had attended private school for high school I graduated with students who were given ipads that we got to keep until graduation. I’m thankful for that experience having all the students be granted access to the same technology was beneficial and fair. I hope when I’m a teacher I will work in a school where I can do the same for my students. It would certain make my job as a teacher easier because I will know all my students have the same access to my lesson plans. If I’m in a BYOD school, I’ll just have to learn the software each of my students are using and adapt accordingly.


Like all the assignments I have had I learned a lot from this PowerPoint assignment. I knew how to use PowerPoint and have used it a lot in the past, but I didn’t really think how I would teach a lesson to students in the future. I don’t think I physically learned anything new about the technology but I did learn how to incorporate in ways I could use to teach. This was also my first time using speaker notes, but I’m positive that it wont be my last. The only ways I think I can improve on are making my PowerPoint more aesthetically pleasing. In the future I hope to create more PowerPoints to effectively teach my lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment